So, you have decided you need a website. Congratulations, you have taken the first step towards getting your business content seen online seen by your target audience. At SOS Media Corp we can offer you a website design with the content management system, WordPress. Of course, websites still can be created without content management systems, and for some companies a content management system may not be beneficial to their web development and management. So how do you know if you need a content management system for your website development?
10 reasons you need a content management system for your web development
- Blogging. If you want to run a blog, WordPress is great for integrating a blog on to your website that is under your website domain. With WordPress you can update your blog content regularly, which allows your website to continuously be updated. This is great for search ranking and continuously engaging with your followers.
- Custom plug-ins. At SOS Media Corp, our developers will customize add-ons and plug-ins to your website to ensure customizable features that will suit the needs of your company.
- CMS systems allow for a standardized approval workflow for your staff who are working on your website. Draft pages can be viewed for approval before your website changes go live.
- Manage Admin restrictions. If you have multiple staff working on a website, you can ensure that they are only able to update areas of the website that you assign them to. No longer do you have to fear that staff will make changes to sections on the website that you don’t want them to.
- Minimize risk of accidentally changing the structure of your website. If you aren’t web savvy and wish to be able to maintain your website with easy, a CMS system could be for you. There is no fear of accidentally screwing up code and your website disappearing before your eyes – WordPress is pretty fool proof, there’s very little chance you will screw something up that can not be easily fixed.
- You do not have to depend on developers for changes. Do you need a change done at 1am in the morning? No problem, updates to your website are at your finger tips. No longer do you have to contact your developer and pay them by the hour just to update your store hours on your website, you are able to do content changes yourself at your convenience.
- Website menus and navigation are built in, so when you add new pages the look and feel carries over. New pages do not need to be coded from scratch.
- Tools and features are simple and easy to use. Publish and edit your content from one central front end location. Content can be updated quickly with little effort, and can be previewed beforehand.
- Templates. At SOS Media Corp. we will design a custom template for your website, which means no other company’s site will look like yours. But let’s say in the years to come you are looking for a refresh for your brand but you don’t want to lose your content – No problem. We can update your custom template to a new custom design with simple integration with ease! No content will be lost at all. It is as simple as updating your site’s template. Content does not need to be input again for the refresh.
- CMS and SEO integration. Content management systems are great for search engine optimization integration, in particular if you don’t know much about SEO. There are great plug-ins and tools that help you optimize the pages of your website to help your website be found in search engines. CMS systems give you complete control over URLS, allowing them to be SEO-friendly, which will improve your websites search visibility.