How Does SEO Improve My Website Traffic?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of having search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing find your website through organic searches without paying for advertising. Search engines rank websites based on which websites they believe to be most important. Other content, such as videos and local listings are ranked based on how relevant the search engines believe their content to be (such as updated news stories).
Here is a video explaining SEO. Why don’t you take a couple of minutes and enjoy the video and then read SOS Media’s 5 SEO tips to perform on your website today!
Here are 5 SEO Tips to Perform on your Website Today
1. Google Keyword Planner for Key Phrases
– If you are wondering how to optimize your content for SEO, the Google Keyword Planner is a great tool. This tool will reveal what search terms internet users are searching for; from the most searched to least searched. No longer will you have to guess what users are searching for. We recommend using this tool for implementing keywords, and titles into your content. Within this tool you can search for keywords as well as ad group ideas.
2. Scope Out The Competition
– Google your brand & industry competition to see what they are using for keywords, especially if they are ranking higher than you in search. This will give you a good idea what keywords and titles to emphasize on your website.
3. Use Less Competitive Keywords
– We don’t recommend using keywords that are saturated with competition. Choosing keywords with less competition will help your website be found in search easier. There is great opportunity in reaching a targeted audience using less searched terms.
4. Quality Link Building
– Quality over quantity. It is better to have a few high domain link-backs to your website than too many low quality domains linking back. Having too many link-backs from poorly ranked websites can hurt your website authority. If you are recognized as the expert in your industry people will find you and share the content organically.
5. Use of Social Media
– Share, Share, Share. Social Media is one of the best ways to get your content in front of a mass audience. When people engage with your content on social media, it gets shared all over the internet. Search engines are beginning to rank content on its presence in social media and this can be a great way to generate traffic to your website which is great for your search ranking.
SOS Media Corp offers SEO consulting, we are located in Edmonton but serve from coast to coast in Canada. Give us a call to get a free SEO audit on your website today!