Why Your Website is Crucial to Your Marketing Strategy
A good website with the right content should be the foundation of your online marketing strategy. Just think about this, you invest in social media ads to increase brand awareness or to boost your sales during a busy season like Christmas, but what happens after potential customers are exposed to your ad? Where do people go if they want to learn more? – Your website.
If your website is outdated, not optimized for mobile, or doesn’t have the right information, it may not encourage your clients to convert on your website.
5 Elements of a Great Website
- Images that represent your brand and evoke the right emotions.
- Forms with Thank You Pages. Forms (e.g. a contact form or a purchase form) are a great way to encourage customers to connect with you. They increase conversions and allow you to collect customer contact information. One element often overlooked is the Thank You Page customers are sent to after. A Thank You Page not only assures the client that their message has been sent, it is also a great way to include your response time so your customers know what to expect. More importantly, this page also allows you to track conversions from ads you run on sites such as Facebook or Google so you can evaluate who is converting and where they are coming from.
- Landing pages that answer questions/ highlight the benefits of what you’re selling. If you make ads for your products, you want to guide your clients to the right content that will help them make a decision. For example, if you sell wedding flowers, you should have a page on your website dedicated to your wedding services showcasing your work. If you use Google adwords, properly configured landing pages also increase your quality score, which can get you better ad placement at a lower cost.
- Testimonials. There’s no stronger way to sell your product than sharing what your other clients have to say. Sharing testimonials on your website increases your validity and showcases customer loyalty.
- Blog posts. Blogs are not only a great way to show your expertise in the field, they also engage with your audience and include helpful content around your product or service. For example, if you sell clothes, you can create articles about the trends for the season or how to pair different pieces. This content can also be useful to share in your social media sites and engage more customers. Blog posts are a great way to engage potential customers that may not be ready to convert yet. When potential customers engage with your content, they are showing interest in your service or product. This then gives you the opportunity to re-market to them to help them through the sales funnel in hopes that they will later convert and become a purchasing customer.
Investing in your website should be one of your first steps if you want to successfully market online. Create a quality website that answers your clients’ questions and leads your online ads to success.