Rick Bronson is an award winning comedian who is best known for winning 8 COCA Comedian of the Year awards along with an AMPIA award for Best TV Host… and that’s not all! Rick also had the highest rated special on CTV and The Comedy Network! During the very first Canadian Comedy Awards, Rick was nominated Best Comic! With a fella carrying such a fine repertoire, it only made sense that he opened Rick Bronson’s The House of Comedy in Phoenix, AZ and Bloomington, MN, and The Comic Strip in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
What We Did For Rick Bronson’s The Comic Strip / House of Comedy
Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy & The Comic Strip was SOS Media Corp’s largest e-commerce web design & development project. Over 750 hours were committed to planning, designing, and developing a beautiful, functional website. This website took into consideration the fast-paced work flow of a comedy club, where comedians are constantly on-and-off the circuit of stages. The website needed to be easy to update for ever-changing schedules and easy to maneuver for customers. The website is fully functional on mobile, for quick and painless on-the-go purchasing!
- Custom CMS: We created a custom back-end CMS/dashboard, developed specifically to meet the needs of the team and business. From the public front-end to the back-end, the company brand is maintained. We ensured that adding, editing, and adjusting pages or content could be done with ease so that the team could make updates on their own. This includes text updates, inserting images, embedding videos, etc.
- CMS Training: One of SOS Media Corp’s web developers trained the team at Rick Bronson’s The Comic Strip / House of Comedy to view, add edit, and cancel bookings, performances, shows, and performers. Each team member has a user account on the website.
- SEO-Friendly & W3C-Compliant HTML Output: All of the text, metatags, and image attributes are SEO-friendly and W3C-compliant.
- E-Commerce: The custom CMS website was fitted with a full custom e-commerce solution. This means that the website can handle online purchases such as gift card and ticket sales. There is a Moneris e-payment integration that handles the purchases. Additionally, there is support for applicable taxes, discounts, and promotions on specific products as well as shipping methods and charges. When in the process of purchasing, a timer is set to temporarily preserve your ticket in a cart while you browse.
- Custom Forms: Forms are easy to edit and add to the website with fields and labels of the business’ choice! These are ideal for feedback forms, employment applications, and online bookings!
- Online Booking: Along with purchasing tickets online, group bookings can be made online. The businesses offer some great packages for birthdays and Christmas parties!
Social Media & Marketing
- Social Media Management: SOS Media Corp manages the Facebook, Google+, and Twitter pages of Rick Bronson’s The Comic Strip and House of Comedy. Comedians taking the stage at Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy & The Comic Strip are constantly changing, and it is our duty to ensure that the proper schedules go out to the customers. Each week, there is a new comic, and during certain days of the week, there are special events such as open mics.
- Video Marketing: We have taken radio ads and created videos for them to use as general posts as well as in Facebook ads.
- Campaign Creation & Implementation: We leverage special campaigns every couple of months that include giveaways for April Fools, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more! Doing this allows us to engage and grow a loyal following on social media!
- Graphic Design: When necessary, our team does basic graphic design. We also work in conjunction with the business’ main designer.
- Google Analytics & UTM Link Tracking: For Facebook ads, we UTM track all links. Much of the business’ traffic comes from Facebook and explores the website through ads, and this tracking mechanism shows it! We analyze all data in Google Analytics.
- Facebook Remarketing & Custom Audience Development: SOS Media Corp creates custom audiences for Rick Bronson’s The Comic Strip and House of Comedy by going into the back-end of ads manager. We can create lookalikes audiences of those who already like the Facebook pages and those who watch a certain length of videos. Our personal favourite is creating custom audiences of people who have purchased tickets on the website before, since they are more likely to buy again in the future!
Epic Legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos is a one-stop limited edition book created by Epic Legacies in conjunction with The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club. The book documents everything from the beginnings of the Edmonton Eskimos to the rare stories and photographs throughout the years. Some of the proceeds from each copy sold go toward the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club, which is community-owned. SOS Media Corp created a beautiful, stand-out e-commerce website that makes every step of the purchasing funnel easy and exciting for the user.
Visit Site: www.esks.epiclegacies.com
What we did for Epic Legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos
Web Design & Development
- Bold & Beautiful Design: Green, gold, and white – the colours of the Edmonton Eskimos – are the prominent colours throughout the website. The first thing that you may notice when you visit esks.epiclegacies.com is the bold, beautiful design. A sliding menu, which fills up the screen, alternates between the promotions of winning a trip for two to the Grey Cup as well as the broken-down payment options for purchasing the book.
- Custom Reporting: We configured weekly reporting of book sales; the numbers of which are updated three times per day. This is a simple and convenient way for the manager to review sales.
- Custom Fan-Photo Upload: Up until the end of July, people had the option to upload their fan photos to the website – a book purchase was necessary to do so. These photos would then be reviewed for the chance to be featured in Epic Legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos.
- PayPal WooCommerce: The integration of PayPal WooCommerce allows for online purchases and payment plans. For example, you could spend $249 on the book right now, or pay only $50 and the rest in October. The style of this was made vibrant and visually attractive – something you don’t often see with e-commerce.
- Easy to Update, Training: The team at the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club are able to update the text and sliders with images all on their own!
- Social Media Links: The links to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are included on the website. For desktop, on the homepage, these can be found halfway down the page – white links contrasted against a grey background. On all other pages of the website, they are in the top left of the screen. On mobile, these links are always found in the top left of the page.
Responsive on Mobile
The website for Epic Legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos is completely compatible on mobile devices. The “Buy Now” button is present at all times on the website.
Social Media Management
SOS Media Corp manages the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts of Epic Legacy of the Edmonton Eskimos in order to garner leads and consequential conversions.
Google Analytics & UTM Link Tracking
We used UTM Link Tracking to trace where people on esks.epiclegacies.com came from, how they navigated the website, if they bounced, or if they made a conversion. This technique allows us to measure the effect that each social platform has on conversions. Furthermore, we can adjust where our ad dollars are being spent to best optimize for sales.
Facebook Remarketing & Custom Audience Development
Audiences on Facebook were created based on website traffic, video engagement, and targeted interests; in this case, Edmonton Eskimos fans. We efficiently target ads to these specific audiences as part of our social strategy.