If you’re an established business or just starting out, there is one thing that can help any business shape their brand: Professional photography. It can greatly impact how people understand and identify your brand.
Visual content is the number one way to market your business, simply because people are more likely to remember photos or video over plain written content.
Okay, now we’re going to take you back to your school days to when you were sitting in your classroom. We’re not talking about the spit balls or the girl or boy you secretly had a crush on – we’re talking about the actual education part. Taking notes and reading text books were probably the worst things ever and you probably didn’t even remember half of the information anyway. Now, think about the PowerPoint presentations that your teacher painstakingly made. They were full of visuals, diagrams, and videos to help explain specific topics. What were you more likely to remember later on for exams?
When people hear information, they’re likely to remember 10% of it 3 days later. When a relevant image is paired with the same information, people can retain 65% of the information in the same amount of time.
The same applies to your brand and how you present your business. You’ll want beautiful photos that are going to help people identify with your business, not just statements or written articles about what you’re all about.
Image taken by our own professional photographers for Paramount Fine Foods.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Photographer
- Consistent Results – With a photographer, you’ll be able to get the same results every time. All photographers have their own style, but they will each have a way of capturing and representing your brand.
- Equipment – Not everyone who owns a fancy camera is going to be a professional photographer, but it can certainly help. Their equipment is an investment in their own business, much like your own equipment. With right equipment, you’ll be guaranteed quality photos.
- It’s Your Brand – We can’t stress this part enough. This is how you are going to stand out against your competition. It’s as easy as making your brand look good to looking great.
- You Get What You Pay For – We understand that professional photography can be expensive, but photography in general can be like comparing apples to oranges. Sure, you can take photos on your mobile phone for free, but they aren’t even going to come close to what a professional photographer is capable of.
- Professional Editing – Real professionals will edit their work. It can take anywhere from a couple of seconds to an hour, but they wouldn’t give you a batch of photos without doing a good job first. It’s their reputation just as much as yours.
Still not sure about hiring a professional?
Here are some stats that might persuade you:
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to any marketing and storytelling strategy.
- Content with relevant images get 94% more views than content without images.
- 73% of content creators prioritize creating engaging content in 2016, and 55% prioritize creating visual content.
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3x more engagement than those without images.
Want to discuss professional photography for your business? Send us a message and we can introduce you to our in-house photography/videography duo.