SOS Media Corp is a full service agency in Edmonton, specializing in Web Development and Online Marketing. Currently the firm is looking to add a Web Designer to their trendy team. Under the direction of the General Manager and Senior Web Developer, the ideal candidate will be required to develop and design, format and maintain web pages. You will be required to provide reports as necessary and assist in resolving issues. As standard practice, the candidate will maintain working file backups as well as detailed documentation, and conform to the office procedures, rules, and management process.
- Perform design, development, testing and debugging in the maintenance of existing and development of new client web projects. Ensure that code developed and/or implemented conforms to current industry best practices with respect to data security and high performance systems.
- Develop and maintain web pages, and content including graphics, documents and text, for client’s public website.
- Develop and maintain integration of web pages and sites with back-end database and application systems.
- The candidate MUST have extensive experience working with WordPress
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines is a necessity.
- 1 to 3 years hands-on experience with Web Design/Development technologies including HTML5, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, jQuery and others.
- Knowledge of Adobe Products and strong skills in creating graphic layout for web projects.
- Familiarity with servers is an asset.
- Ability to make websites responsive is a requirement.
- “Out-of-the-box” thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills.
- Works well in a team environment; supportive, collaborative, cooperative, service-oriented.
- Industry-recognized training, e.g. diploma or degree
ABOUT WORKING AT SOS MEDIA CORP
- 8am-4pm working hours
- Fast Paced Environment
- Awesome office culture
- Downtown environment close to coffee shops and restaurants