Spoiler alert: It isn’t about you.
Facebook is a platform designed to help people interact with others and it is a great way for companies to engage with their customers. Unfortunately, we see several brands flooding Facebook’s newsfeed with sales – pushing their products on every post and completely forgetting the user experience. Potential customers will not care about you unless they feel that you care about them. Remember, people don’t log into Facebook wanting to buy something right away; rather, they log in wanting to connect and discover posts that they can relate to. When it comes to Social Media Marketing it should be less about you and more about the customer.
“Great marketing is all about telling your story in such a way that it compels people to buy what you are selling” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Remember, people don’t log into Facebook wanting to buy something right away, they log in wanting to connect and find posts that they can relate to.
Just take a look at your news feed and you’ll notice that the content that gets shared the most falls into these categories:
- Entertainment: Funny videos, memes, jokes, articles about movies and tv shows
- Useful Information. How to’s, recipes, life hacks and general tips to make your life easier
- News: Breaking news, heartwarming stories, new technologies, etc.
How do you create content that your clients care about?
- Show the human side of your brand. Talk about your team and their stories – they are often the faces that clients see first. You can also share fun facts about your business or non-profit organizations that you support to show that you’re involved in your community.
- Give them information that they can use in their day to day lives. If you have a spa, share tips so they can do a facial at home using what they have in the kitchen if they don’t have time to book an appointment that week (this ties in with “life hacks” above!). If you have a clothing store, show them different ways to tie their scarf this winter…The possibilities are endless – just be creative and find ways to bring exciting content to your audience!
- Have fun! Everybody loves a brand with personality. Share relatable memes (but keep it respectful), post videos of your staff doing fun challenges once a month, or join the conversation about your favorite tv shows. For example, every year Game of Thrones trends when it premieres. If you like the show and think that it is relevant for your audience, get involved! If you have a beauty salon, you could show your customers how they can recreate Khaleesi’s iconic hairstyles.
Your Facebook page should be a reflection of you and what you stand for: If people feel like there’s a human on the other side of the screen that they can trust and relate to, they are more likely to act and convert on a new product or promotion.
It can get overwhelming to try to piece everything together and find the appropiate content while running a business, but fear not! We’re here for you if you need any help! Give us a call and we’ll make sure that your brand can effectively connect with customers.